- David Goulet on TOP FIVE THURSDAYS: UNDER-RATED INVADERS
- David Goulet on RUE MORGUE & NETFLIX: REUNITED FOR HALLOWEEN
- Ray Nomoto Robison on Blood on a Budget: Last Slays of Summer
- David Padgett on TERROR IN THE AISLES: 24 HOURS OF CELLULOID TERROR
- David Goulet on Blood on a Budget’s Halloween Horror Bin
Tag Archives: Aaron Augenblick
“Made for horror fans, by horror fans” is what comes to mind when I think of Ugly Americans, my new favourite animated show. Airing on the Comedy Network in Canada, it’s about a social worker in New York named Mark Lilly. Employed by the Department of Integration, he has to help the newest citizens of the thriving metropolis find their way. But in this reality those immigrants are monsters, aliens, mutants, giant animals and just about anything else from a horror, fantasy or sci-film you can think of. On top of this, his boss and girlfriend is a literal demoness, his roommate is a brain-hungry zombie and his co-worker Leonard is an alcoholic wizard. Much horror-comedy ensues.
As a special Halloween treat, here’s a double Sinister Seven with series creator Devin Clark and Supervising Producer / Animation Director Aaron Augenblick of Augenblick Studios.
I love the smell of glavin in the morning, so there’s no better place to be than the 40th annual San Diego Comic Con. Like every year, this year’s nerdsplosion of geekiness was hectic, exhausting, informative and ridiculously fun. Here’s a peek at this year’s pop culture sensory overload.