- Christian on Win tickets to the premiere of GHOUL
- David Goulet on Monstro Bizarro: ‘Valley of the Sasquatch’ Movie News
- Jaime Martinez on Blood on a Budget: Who are the Women of DIY Horror?
- James Burrell on Cryptic Collectibles: Five Decades of DARK SHADOWS Memorabilia!
- joel wells on Cryptic Collectibles: Five Decades of DARK SHADOWS Memorabilia!
Tag Archives: autopsy
Here at Rue Morgue, our brains (or at the very least the big slimy one in a glass case that we all collectively share) recently tweaked with delight at the announcement that our friends over at monthly metal manifesto Decibel were dedicating their entire April 2012 issue to zombies, including an especially gristly nugget sure to inspire undead debate: The Top 25 Zombie Metal Songs of All Time…
Seminal California gore/death metallers Autopsy, who originally called it quits in 1995, are back with a new EP called The Tomb Within (out October 5 as both a CD and 12″ vinyl release through Peaceville Records) after lead vocalist/drummer Chris Reifert pulled the plug on the band he’d assembled in Autopsy’s wake, Abscess (whose most recent album Dawn of Inhumanity was review in RM#100), earlier this summer. After giving the band’s repulsive new work a spin (which features such aural romance as “My Corpse Shall Rise,” “Seven Skulls” and “Mutant Village”), I stitched up my wounds, disinfected my headphones, put my desk back together (it was nearly rendered kindling from the onslaught) and sought out Reifert in order to subject him to a round of our favourite online inquisition.