- David Goulet on THE EDITOR: WORLD PREMIERE TONIGHT AT TIFF MIDNIGHT MADNESS
- David Goulet on Monsters and Mysteries: The Blackburn Files
- David Goulet on FESTIVAL OF FEAR 2014: ANNABELLE
- Feedback on Episode 167: WINSTON’S MUSICAL MELTDOWN MASSACRE
- Pirate of the Seven Seas on Episode 167: WINSTON’S MUSICAL MELTDOWN MASSACRE
Tag Archives: Jonathan Frid
Though it’s been 41 years since the cult daytime drama Dark Shadows originally left the airwaves, the coffin never really remained shut on vampire Barnabas Collins and the show’s cast of other creepy characters. Between spinoff movies, syndicated repeats on television, yearly fan conventions, a 1991 remake series, merchandise and numerous home video releases, interest in the gothic sudser has remained strong throughout the decades.
To celebrate the May issue of Rue Morgue and our coverage of both the original 1966-71 television classic and the soon-to-be released film version from Tim Burton (out this Friday, May 11), here is a look at some of the various Dark Shadows collectibles that have been produced over the past 46 years.
One of the things we love about Alice Cooper is that he’s a genuine horror geek with a big love for a lot of ghoulish stuff. That includes the original Dark Shadows. He was so excited to be in Tim Burton’s remake that he invited us to ring him up to talk about the show, his role in the film and vampires in general. Here’s what The Coop’ had to say…