- FDBK on Episode 150: FIVE SLEAZY PIECES – STEPHEN THROWER
- DEADLINE on Episode 150: FIVE SLEAZY PIECES – STEPHEN THROWER
- Dirk Manning on Episode 147: THE TWILIGHT ZONE VOL. II
- David Goulet on PREVIEW: GHOULISH GARY’S ART FOR CREEPSHOW VINYL
- David Goulet on JACK’S BACK! NEW BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA COMIC
Tag Archives: Linnea Quigley
The Horror Section’s Jay Clarke checks in with a guest blog post detailing the debauchery at the first annual Shock Stock convention in London, Ontario.
This weekend I headed into London, Ontario for the first annual Shock Stock horror convention. A pair of life-long genre fans named James Bialkowski and Jake Grimbo have been running movie screenings as The Grim Brothers in their hometown for years, but this is the first time they’ve orchestrated a full-fledged event. It was held last Friday through Sunday at the Centennial Hall in downtown London.
To quote Sara Lee, “Some people don’t like some things, but nobody doesn’t like… brain-eating zombies!” Alright, not word for word, but zombies have always been a popular horror staple, especially in our household. From Romero’s series to Shaun of the Dead, right up to the recent TV adaptation of Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead, the “deceased and mobile” have been a regular fixture in Emma’s “education”. That’s why, for our next film, I decided we should fill in one of the crucial blanks in her zombie repertoire: Dan O’Bannon’s cult classic horror-comedy, The Return of the Living Dead.