By RUE MORGUE STAFF
An all-time vampire classic is coming on two different disc editions packed with bonus features.
Blue Underground has revealed the complete specs along with the cover for its new release of Harry Kümel’s DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS, coming October 27. Starring Delphine Seyrig as the ageless Countess Bathory, who preys on a vacationing couple (John Karlen and Danielle Ouimet) at a remote seaside hotel, the film has been scanned in 16-bit 4K from the original 35mm camera negative. It will be available in a limited-edition three-disc set, containing 4K UHD, Blu-ray, a CD of François de Roubaix’s score, a collectible booklet with a new essay by RUE MORGUE’s Michael Gingold, a reversible sleeve and 3D lenticular slipcover (first pressing only), as well as a DVD. The UHD will feature 2160p Ultra HD Resolution and Dolby Vision HDR, with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio. Special features on the UHD/Blu-ray and DVD are:
- Audio commentary by co-writer/director Harry Kümel
- Audio commentary by star John Karlen and journalist David Del Valle
- New Audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, author of DEVIL’S ADVOCATES: DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS
- “Locations of Darkness”: Interviews with co-writer/director Harry Kümel and co-writer/co-producer Pierre Drouot
- “Playing the Victim”: Interview with star Danielle Ouimet
- “Daughter of Darkness”: Interview with Star Andrea Rau
- New Theatrical trailers
- Radio spots
- New Alternate U.S. main titles
- New Poster and still gallery
Retail prices are $59.95 for the three-disc set and $19.95 for the DVD.