By MICHAEL GINGOLD
Genre regular Graham Skipper (BEYOND THE GATES, director of SEQUENCE BREAK) ill-advisedly taunts a robot with a few wires loose in an exclusive excerpt from the new sci-fi thriller/comedy AUTOMATION that you can see past the jump.
AUTOMATION, available today on VOD and Blu-ray from Epic Pictures’ Dread line, marks the feature directorial debut of award-winning editor Garo Setian (who talks about the movie here), from a script he wrote with Rolfe Kanefsky and Matthew L. Schaffer. Elissa Dowling (WE ARE STILL HERE), Sadie Katz, the HATCHET films’ Parry Shen and Sarah French also star. The synopsis: “When a prototype automated worker robot named Auto has proven successful on the night shift at Alert Insulation, plans are put in motion to replace almost all the human employees with the next generation of robots. But to Auto’s dismay, he is also to be replaced by the new and improved robots—something he refuses to accept, and takes murderous action to prevent.”
Special features on the Blu-ray are:
- Audio commentary by director Garo Setian and writer Rolfe Kanefsky
- Audio commentary by director Garo Setian and producers Anahit Setian and Dan Bowen
- Deleted and alternate scenes
- Behind-the-scenes featurettes “Writing the Screenplay” and “Building ‘Auto’ With ‘Evil’ Ted”
- “Auto’s Voice,” an interview with voiceover artist Jim Tasker
- Bonus interviews with cast and crew!