By MICHAEL GINGOLD
The feature film based on the cult TV show is headed for hi-def disc with a batch of special features.
Shout! Factory releases TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE: THE MOVIE on Collector’s Edition Blu-ray August 25 on the Scream Factory label. Directed by John Harrison, it features a trio of terror tales scripted by George A. Romero and Michael McDowell (BEETLEJUICE), including adaptations of short stories by Stephen King and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, featuring a living mummy and gargoyle and an especially vicious cat. The movie will be presented in 1080p 1.85:1 widescreen, with the following extras:
- New audio commentary by co-producer David R. Kappes
- New TALES BEHIND THE DARKSIDE: THE MAKING OF FOUR GHOULISH FABLES, a six-chapter, feature-length documentary featuring director John Harrison, producer Mitchell Galin, director of photography Robert Draper, production designer Ruth Ammon, special make-up & creature effects artists Robert Kurtzman, Greg Nicotero and Howard Berger, creature performer Michael Deak, actors James Remar and Rae Dawn Chong and editor Harry B. Miller
- Audio commentary by director John Harrison and co-screenwriter George A. Romero
- Theatrical trailer
- TV spots
- Radio spots
- Stills gallery
- Behind-the-scenes gallery
- Behind-the-scenes footage compilation
Retail price is $29.99; orders placed at Shout! Factory’s website will include an exclusive 18 x 24” rolled poster of the new cover art.