By MICHAEL GINGOLD
With the restrictions on celebrating Halloween out of the house, Blumhouse is bringing the horror into your home with the people behind several of its new films and shows.
The fright factory is holding a BlumFest event on its YouTube channel and Facebook page this Thursday, October 29 starting at 10 a.m. PT. It will include virtual panels, sneak previews, updates and news announcements about HALLOWEEN KILLS, FREAKY, THE CRAFT: LEGACY and more. “This year has sidelined a lot for all of us,” says Blumhouse founder/CEO Jason Blum, “but Halloween is a treasured season at Blumhouse, so we conceived BlumFest to celebrate with our fans via a virtual event that will feature exclusive interviews and never-before-seen footage on an upcoming release or two.”
Hosted and moderated by Rotten Tomatoes editor Jacqueline Coley, BlumFest will feature the following:
- WELCOME TO THE BLUMHOUSE: Join Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon Studios, and Blum for a lively conversation about the successful collaboration between Amazon and Blumhouse on the recently launched films THE LIE, NOCTURNE, EVIL EYE and BLACK BOX. Mamoudou Athie from the film BLACK BOX will join the conversation, along with surprise guests for an announcement or two. The four films are available to stream on Amazon Prime Video now.
- THE CRAFT: LEGACY: Writer/director Zoe Lister Jones and her film’s coven, stars Cailee Spaeny, Gideon Adlon, Lovie Simone and Zoey Luna, have a bewitching chat about continuing the original film cult hit and reveal secrets from the set. The film is set for a Wednesday, October 28 (midnight EST) release on PVOD and EST in North America, with a planned theatrical release in select international countries.
- FREAKY: Writer/director Chris Landon, stars Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton and producer Jason Blum talk about the highly anticipated body-swapping horror comedy that will arrive in theaters on Friday, November 13 in the U.S. and in select international markets.
- HALLOWEEN KILLS: Writer/director David Gordon Green, actress and icon Jamie Lee Curtis, franchise producer Malek Akkad from Trancas Films, producer Bill Block from Miramax and producer Jason Blum convene to talk about the upcoming film’s October 2021 release.
- THE GOOD LORD BIRD: Executive producer, writer and star Ethan Hawke of the critically acclaimed series, and series executive producer Jason Blum discuss their most recent collaboration, which is currently airing on Showtime.
There will also be surprise guests sharing exclusive news about unannounced upcoming Blumhouse projects.