By MICHAEL GINGOLD
Monsters and fiends from many decades will be showcased at the 2018 Salt City Horror Fest next month in upstate New York, along with the people who made and played them. Read on for the details.
The Salt City Fest starts at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 28 and continues to the wee hours of the 29th at the Palace Theater in Syracuse, NY. The showcased feature films, all on 35mm, are:
- PET SEMATARY: Stephen King’s classic with intro Q/A with actress Denise Crosby
- KING KONG: Original 1933 film and aspect ratio of 1:37:1
- C.H.U.D.: Rare uncut extended version. Intro Q/A with actor Carey Eidel
- C.H.U.D. II: BUD THE CHUD: First 35mm screening in the U.S. since its original release. Intro Q/A with director David K. Irving and actor Gerrit Graham
- PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE: Theatrical version
- CREEPSHOW 2: Rare 35mm print courtesy of the Academy Film Archive. Intro Q/A with animator Rick Catizone
- TERRORVISION: Rare 35mm print courtesy of Full Moon Features
- THE MANSON MASSACRE: A.k.a. THE CULT, ultra-rare screening of this thought-to-be-lost film
In addition to the above-mentioned guests, PET SEMATARY director Mary Lambert will be on hand, along with Jay Kay of Horror Happens Radio, world-premiering the trailer for his fil IT’S UNDER YOUR SKIN: DON’T EAT AT DAVE’S. To order tickets, click here, and you can find out more about the fest at Facebook.