By MICHAEL GINGOLD
The genre subsidiary of Blue Fox Entertainment is filling up its slate with a diverse range of fright flicks.
Red Hound today revealed that it will begin issuing the following movies in late 2020:
- 4×4 (pictured), from Argentinian director Mariano Cohn, who scripted with Gastón Duprat. In this confinement thriller, “Peter Lanzani gives a breakout performance as a petty thief who breaks into a specialized car with a special security system that keeps him trapped inside with no one being able to hear him crying for help.” Red Hound has North American rights and will bring the film to theaters early next year.
- HALLOWEEN PARTY, for which Red Hound has worldwide rights excluding Canada. Jay Dahl (THERE ARE MONSTERS) wrote and directed, with Amy Groening, T. Thomason and Marietta Laan starring. The synopsis: “HALLOWEEN PARTY follows a college student, Grace [Groening], on a journey to find out who killed her best friend after the girls trigger a cheesy though disturbing Halloween-themed computer meme. After enlisting help from a computer-savvy classmate to trace the meme, they discover the college has a terrible secret.”
- BABY MONEY, a home-invasion thriller scripted and directed by Mikhael Bassilli and starring Danay Garcia, Joey Kern, Taja V. Simpson, Michael Drayer and Travis Hammer. Red Hound got worldwide rights; the synopsis: “In BABY MONEY, when a home invasion turns into a bloody shootout, a pair of ragtag fugitives take refuge in the house of a single mother as they wait on their fiery (and very pregnant) getaway driver to hatch an escape plan in time for a major payday.”
- THE SPECIAL, described as “FATAL ATTRACTION meets THE BLOB” and directed by B. Harrison Smith (DEATH HOUSE) from a screenplay by Mark Steensland and James Newman. Dave Sheridan, Davy Raphaely and Sarah French head the cast; the synopsis: “A man named Jerry [Raphaely] suspects his wife is having an affair. After discussing his suspicions over a few post-work drinks, his buddy Mike [Sheridan] convinces him that the best revenge is revenge, and takes him to see a psychic who runs a peculiar brothel. The steps down this pathway transcend addiction and take one man into a personal nightmare.” Red Hound took North American rights.
- ASYLUM: TWISTED HORROR AND FANTASY TALES, for which Red Hound also got North American rights. Nicolas Onetti and Michael Kraetzer produced this anthology chiller, with Onetti serving as creative director; Guillermo Lockhart and Mauro Croche scripted, and the directors are Carlos Goitia (ABRAKADABRA), Alejandro Damiani, Damien LeVeck, Kheireddine El-Helou, Mat Johns, Albert Pinto and Caye Casas, Walgenwitz & Winshluss, Andrew Desmond (THE SONATA), Adam O’Brien and Hendryk Witscherkowsk. The synopsis: “The story begins as Brandon prepares to give his last stand-up comedy show. As his stories and jokes pass, the public begins to cheer up. But at that precise moment Brandon will realize that these stories have a strong relationship with his past—more than he imagines.”
Further details on these films’ releases will be coming soon.