By MICHAEL GINGOLD
Paul Morrissey’s bloody, satirical take on the legend is receiving its North American UHD/Blu-ray premiere.
As part of its Mid-Year Sale that begins at midnight EST tonight, Severin Films is unveiling a sumptuous new package for BLOOD FOR DRACULA (a.k.a. ANDY WARHOL’S DRACULA), starring Udo Kier in his classic performance as the “wirgin”-seeking Count. The three-disc set includes a UHD containing a 4K transfer of the film, scanned uncut from the original negative for the first time ever in 1.85:1. The second disc is a Blu-ray with a 1080p presentation of the movie plus bonus features, and the third is a newly mastered, extended edition of the CD soundtrack featuring Claudio Gizzi’s music. The special features are:
- “Trans-Human Flesh and Blood”: Interview with director Paul Morrissey
- “Rubinia’s Homecoming”: Interview & location visit with actress Stefania Casini
- “Blood for Udo”: Interview with actor Udo Kier
- “Little Big Joe”: Interview with actor Joe Dallesandro
- “Conversation With a Vampire”: Audio interview with actress Milena Vukotic
- “Bloodthirsty”: Interview with assistant director Paolo Pietrangeli
- “Black Cherry”: Interview with art director Gianni Giovagnoni
- “The Blood of These Whores…”: Interview with MURDEROUS PASSIONS author Stephen Thrower
- “Sad, Romantic Dracula”: Interview with soundtrack composer Claudio Gizzi
- “The Roman Connection”: Interview with producer Andrew Braunsberg
The Mid-Year Sale also includes new Blu-ray special editions of Guy Magar’s supernatural chiller RETRIBUTION, a bunch of Italian postapocalyptic thrillers and more, and runs through midnight, Monday night the 28th. For complete details, click here.