By CARLING KIRBY
Just in time for the holiday’s, Waxwork Records has announced the launch of their 2020 Records Subscription, which is now available for purchase online. The year 2020 marks the fifth consecutive year of Waxwork Records’ subscription service, which offers remastered soundtracks and film scores on vinyl, newly-released cover art and high quality packaging.
Subscribers will receive five 180 gram coloured vinyl soundtracks, exclusive merchandise, apparel, a 10% discount on any merchandise with the Waxwork label, and giveaways throughout 2020, including an entry to win a U-Turn Audio Orbit Special Turntable ($550 Value).
Waxwork Records has also significantly lowered its prices for both domestic and international customers on the 2020 Subscription: $200 for U.S. Customers and $250 for Canadian and international customers.
These five exclusive soundtracks are the following:
- Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (LP), available for the first time on vinyl since the highly limited 1990 picture disc release. This issue is a special collaborative effort between Waxwork and all three of the film’s composers, Steven A. Jones, Robert McNaughto and Ken Hale. The full original soundtrack has been sourced directly from the composers’ archives.
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (2xLP), part of a series of Friday the 13th vinyl releases from Waxwork Records. Composed by Fred Mollin, this is the first time the soundtrack for Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood has been released in any format. Working closely with Paramount Pictures, Waxwork located and transferred the original 1988 master tapes of the score.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Part II: The Secret Of The Ooze (LP), a follow-up to Waxwork Records’ 2017 release of the original 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Composed by John DuPrez, this is the first time the soundtrack has been released in any format. The vinyl was sourced from the original 1991 master tapes with the help of Nickelodeon and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman.
- Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (2xLP), composed by Fred Mollin and released for the first time in any format. Waxwork once again collaborated with Paramount Pictures and transferred the original 1989 master tapes containing the full score music. This vinyl includes hard rock single “The Darkest Side of the Night” by Metropolis, which was featured in the film.
- Jacob’s Ladder (LP), composed by Maurice Jarre and available for the first time since the film’s release in 1990. Like the other vinyls on the list, this one was sourced from its original master tapes.
Exclusive merchandise includes a 2020 Waxwork Calendar, a subscriber t-shirt, an enamel pin, a turntable slipmat, an LP tote and a sticker pack. To subscribe, head to the Waxwork Records website!